Eta Sigma Alpha is the first honor society established exclusively for home-schooled students in Grades 9-12. Founded in 1999 by Joanne E. Juren, M.Ed., Executive Director of the Home Education Partnership of Texas Inc., it has grown into a national organization.
The Gamma Omicron Chapter was established for Quest for Education and Arts students by Dr. Rebecca Thai in 2013.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- You must be in 6th-12th grade
- You must have an SAT score of at least 1800, an ACT score of at least 26, a PSAT score of at least 180 or 90% on your standarized testing. (If you are using your standardized testing scores the test must NOT be administered by your parents.)
- Test scores must not be more than one year old.
- You must have a GPA of 3.5 or better
- You must have participated in a Quest upper level class as a student or be participating in one.
- Please Note: You will be required to complete 10 hours of community service per semester once your application is approved for a total of 20 per year. At least 10 hours must be served volunteering for Quest and the other 10 through another community organization, or all 20 hours can be served through Quest if you choose to do so!
A BLESSING TO OUR COMMINUTY
At Quest, Honor Society students are challenged not only to excel in their studies, but also in their community. Members are required to do community service, either on or off campus. On-campus service may including tutoring, assisting in the classroom, or helping at school events. Off-campus events may include helping at a local food bank, volunteering at an animal shelter, or anything else that benefits the community.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER ADMISSION
Once membership is approved, students will receive a membership card and a certificate of membership. Each year when the membership is renewed, the student will receive a new certificate of membership for that year. To remain an active member, students must submit 20 hours of service each year, ten per semester. Failure to submit the service-hours form will result in a forfeiture of membership. Graduating seniors will be given an honor cord to wear with their caps and gowns during graduation.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
Christina Green Education Building
7570 N Paseo Del Nor
Tucson, AZ 85704
1751 W. Placita de Zacatal
Tucson, AZ 85704