The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT is tasked with performing a wide range of administrative duties to support the organizations operations, including purchasing, budgeting, and general administrative responsibilities as determined by upper level team and organizational needs.
- Schedules and attends meetings drafting and distributing appropriate correspondence to necessary channels.
- Perform a variety of complex administrative functions for all levels of the organization in collaboration with the Executive Assistant.
- Prepare and process procurement requisitions for instructional faculty and independent contractors including retrieving from storage, shopping for additional supplies and setup and preparation of classrooms for instructors.
- Assist in initiating and tracking requests for personnel actions, selecting and completing appropriate forms, and advising request initiator on supporting documentation, routing and timeframes.
- Provides professional and thoughtful general office and front desk support serving as the organization’s first contact in collaboration with the Executive Assistant.
- Provides information for participants and attendees by accurately and timely answering of questions and requests via phone, email, and in-person.
- Supports instructors, contractors, staff and participants with accurate information.
- Maintain up-to-date contact list through organizational database. Update and maintain social media account with new and upcoming information.
- Draft, compose, and distribute weekly announcements to organizational community.
- Identify potential suppliers and obtain cost and delivery information. Monitor delivery dates and expedite orders as required within deadlines.
- Receive invoices, verify and enter for processing of payment. Create and develop budgets for supply and procurement needs. Reconcile accounts with monthly financial reports. Prepare and present monthly budgetary summaries.
- Create, develop, and maintain a system, such as a database, to track all procurements by fiscal year.
- Resolve purchasing problems with the appropriate individuals and alert upper level team of any potential problems.
- Inventory and catalog all supplies and materials currently owned by the organization. Develop and implement database and tracking system including check-in and check-out of all materials. Follow up with check-outs for return of materials
- Completes special projects, requests and tasks as assigned by upper level team.
- High-school degree and previous administrative experience is preferable but not required
- Ability to review basic documents to purchase goods necessary to meet purchasing needs and expectations
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite a must
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills; Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations while maintaining creative and innovative solutions
- Must display a high level of professionalism as well as be a committed team player
- Independent self-starter able to meet deadlines with extreme attention to detail.
- Passion for education and the mission of Quest
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- HOURS: 30 per week (3 days in office; 2 days mobile)
- SALARY: DOE